May 18, 2006

Where Bush is Still Popular


I have mixed feelings about this; I'm happy to see that most Americans have seen the light, or, more accurately, the dark side of President Bush. But, I can't feel good about the sad state of our union. I hope those who disapprove of the current regime start cleaning house in this year's elections.
Spending His Political Capital
This map above shows the states where Dubya has a positive approval rating! [and you laugh when I say that some Americans live in a alternative-reality universe!] Despite what some media are reporting that Bush is on the rebound (from 29% to 33% or so), even conservatives (especially the fiscal conservatives) are beginning to accept that this Bush is the worst President ever. Billmon's site has more numbers.


I'm happy, though, to see that--according to SurveyUSA--my home state of New York is at the ..bottom of the list, giving Bush the lowest approval rating of 23%! OK, Rhode Island can be equally proud!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think that some Americans are out of sync with the rest of us??.....

Anonymous said...

Yeap, Bush is becoming popular again... What a rebound!...

Anonymous said...

I told you that in the end even the Republicans are going to abandon this failure of a president... I was a bit surprised though to see Texas giving him a higher negative than a positive rating!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link of the 50-state tracking poll... and the great map! I like seeing lots of blue....

Lizzy said...

Who are those 23% of New Yorkers? Still approving of Bush... How can anyone still approve?